Thursday, January 19, 2006

OK. Based on the info from that Wiki Susan posted and some other links I found he either supported their (NAMBLA's) right to free speech and/or actually did talk at one of their meetings. Either way, he supported the group. The group is a political entity that encourages the breaking of laws which protect children. To have sex with them. Yes, freedom of speech is good, but if the KKK or something like"Rapists INC" or "Serial Murderers Annonymous" wanted to spread their message of hate, would you support them? Not if you didn't agree with their message, right?

Must I play devil's advocate to myself? Sigh:

In Germany, they came first for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up because I was Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up. --Martin Niemoeller, German Luthern Pastor

^^One of my favorite quotes ever, by the way...

I think that if he was honestly not into this sort of thing, this quote would have to sum up his thought process. I personally would still never voice my opinion for such a group, but... then again... they aren't coming after me yet. And I don't have sex with young boys!

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Yes, great quote, though surely this is really sticky stuff. I don't know enough about it to pontificate, but what I do know is troubling.
How's Linh Dinh treating you, Josh?

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home