Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Don't Get It...and Seahawks rule.

Some information of Flannery:

She raised peacocks, had disseminated lupus, and died at 39 after surgery for an unrelated complaint.

Just some interesting facts I stumbled upon for all you fellow bloggers that like to know random, possibly future Jeopardy trivia, information type things.

As for the readings...

"A Good Man is Hard to Find" continually stumps me, and I suppose it will go on stumping me for some time. Given, I understand the religious undertones and accept the fact that when the grandma says "you're one of my babies," she's making some reference to God and the fact that we're all God's children (according to Christianity...or more specifically Catholicism)--but I still don't know if i GET IT.

What I don't get is the message. Is O'Connor trying to say that all Catholic people are bad? Is she saying that religion in a crock? Is she saying that we all just need to be faced with death to GET IT? I DON'T KNOW!!! Or I suppose that's the point of writing southern gothic, allegorical, mumbo-jumbo, weirdness--it's up for interpretation.

Whatever it is, it's certainly confusing. As prof. schultz said, it gives me that whip-lash effect.

Oh yeah: Watch Superbowl. SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS!

amlit338

1 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

I can't wait till Superbowl Sunday. It's like Christmas in February. :) Beer and chicken wings! Woot! I'm not really a big, big fan of either team, but it will still be a blast. :) Go Seahawks? :)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home