Thursday, March 16, 2006

ADOPTION...I'M ALL FOR IT!

So the book Pigs in Heaven has to do with family and I know that today's Presentation in class is supposed to be on Native American adoption issues. I'm not Native American but I am an adopted child. Although I'm not adopted by an outside family (I was adopted by my paternal grandparents), I feel that I couldn't have asked for a better life. My real dad was in and out of my life but more like a big brother, and my mom...well who cares. But if I could change the way I grew up or who raised me, I wouldn't. Being adopted by my grandparents I always felt loved and cared for and there were always people there and by my side to support me. I always felt like I had to work towards something great because there were people who beleived in me and I didn't want to let them down.
I think that adoption is such a wonderful thing and gives kids a second chance at having a loving family. I would like to have my own kids in life, but I know that adoption is also something that I will definitely do in the future. My life was made so much better because of adoption and I'd hope to make someone else's life better someday by adopting my own child. I think everyone who loves kids should consider adoption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home