Thursday, April 20, 2006

Wheelbarrows and what not.

Unfortunately, I have still not purchased my copy of Poeta en. (Sorry prof. Schultz...I promise to get it soon!)

So instead I'm going to Blog on William Carlos Williams. In the book I own, Williams poem is actually titled, "The Pure Products of America" which to me, makes it a little easier to pinpoint the main idea of this poem. When reading "Products" I am greatly reminded of Ginsberg and "Howl". They have similar messages as they are both about the state of the American psyche. Also, "Products" is meant to be read as one long sentence as "Howl" was. The juxtaposition of man and nature also reminds me of the message Stevens had with "Anecdote of the Jar".

It took dominion everywhere.

I look forward to reading Poeta en and see what context "Products" is used in. I feel that some of our themes may be in a circular motion--perhaps we are ending with something similar to the beginning?

--
so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

--wcw

amlit338

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home