Thursday, April 13, 2006

Da Mayah is a pretty good play. Pretty funny. Even better cause it takes place in Hilo. Cheee heee!. I love how Cataluna name drops all these places that are actually in HIlo. I used to work at Dotty's, bussing tables. Think I should call up Cataluna and tell her that Dotty is dead, and that Ray, her husband had to close up shop?
I welled up with pride when I read the play - from the familiar places, to the local mention of food, to the shady politics. Das HIlo. Anyone who's been to Hilo knows that it exists in a kind of perpertual time warp and thrives according to its own set of laws. It's definitely a town where who you know is more important than what or how much of it, you know.
Lee Cataluna uses humor to drive her otherwise dimal plot, though the end is a little disappointing. It happens so fast, and isn't a very good ending. DO I have any suggestions? Not really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home