Thursday, March 02, 2006

Always about race

I agree with Kawika that it seems like a lot of things we talk about in the books we read seems to turn into a racial controversy and what people think about it. I personally don't feel too comfortable talking about races and right and wrong because everybody has their own opinions of it. I think that there are some people who are very passionate about certain topics to do with race though and it can become a very sensitive topic to discuss. I personally get uncomfortable when discussions get heated even though I am usually not the one talking.

To add to Kawika's comment about it being Violet's fault and not so much Joe's; I think that it was both people's fault. The actions we take are always our own fault because we choose to do it. We may not always like to admit that it was our fault so we blame others because it makes us feel better about ourselves. I know...I've done lots of stupid things myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Tara--I don't know anyone who finds it easy to talk about some of the subjects we've been discussing in class. But difficulty is where it happens, to coin a cliche. If we are willing to critique society, without crippling ourselves with individual guilt, and if we're willing to listen, make mistakes, and forgive ourselves and each other, we're fine.
Oh my, I sound like preacher Schultz.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home