Wednesday, March 01, 2006

class atmospherics

I've grown worried about class atmospherics, both in class and on the blog. Yes, we're talking about hot button issues, but let's vow to respect each other's opinions and above all be patient with one another. Several of you are having very difficult semesters, which makes it even more imperative that we be gentle with each other as a group. But simply on a professional level, let's leave our differences on the other side of the door when we come to class. And don't take other people's opinions personally. Believe me, that's the road to perdition (I'm an academic; I know this from experience!)

And let me add that the oral reports have been wonderful. I've never had a class deliver such good reports, using such varied technologies. Thanks for all the cds, Spencer, and to everyone who's presented for the care you've shown.

See you tomorrow.

aloha, Susan

3 Comments:

Blogger sau said...

I have this odd suggestion-and I highly doubt that anyone will take me seriously upon it-but what if the class went on an informal field trip?

That way everyone would be forced to socialize with others. And realize that everyone's just a big dork in the long run. Yeah, that would be bloody rad.

Hmm, yes, ideas and realities are such different things though.

So I leave with this quote from a souvenir t-shirt: "Peace, Love, and Whales."

2:32 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Note taken, Susan. :) Ya, it is important to not let your mood cloud your judgement, also.

That would be rad, Sau.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Oh, I like beer! Did you know I liked beer? :)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home