Saturday, March 18, 2006

midterm

amlit338

For those of you who missed the class in which we discussed the midterm:

there will be two sections, one a straightforward "identify the following passage by text, author, and speaker and then discuss its significance," and the other a short essay based on another quotation, this one from an outside source that sheds light on the issues raised thus far.

That was a long sentence, but I hope it helps. I don't aim to defeat you, so don't look for trick questions.

aloha, sms

2 Comments:

Blogger sau said...

Professor, would be you be kind enough to describe the "short essay based on another quotations, this one from an outside source?"

I think I would personally like a slightly better clarification, because it does seem somewhat vague.

Would it be poems we've read in class? Group presentations?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

A quotation like some of those I've brought to class--by a congressman claiming that gays are communists, say, or a quotation about the Vietnam War. But I'll try to choose quotes that have enough range to cover a lot of what we've read, ok?

sms

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home