Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mr. Clements was a bastard

I really enjoyed reading Kamau but Mr. Clements reaction to Alika towards the ending was really upsetting to me. I can understand that it wasn't appropriate for Alika to have an outburst like that at work, but at the same time Mr. Clements should have been more understanding. He just reminded me of the tourists that come here and have such bad attitudes. Grouchy old men are the worst. There's nothing you can say to make them feel better. It's not out fault you're getting old. And I don't mean this in a mean way, my grandpa gets like this too, and I love him to death. I work in Waikiki and people like Mr. Clements can totally bring down your whole day. They're so disrespectful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

though it's fascinating that Apio makes Mr. Clements a victim of the double-consciousness (or unconsciousness) by having him, in the past, face a similar situation to the one Alika faces now.
Perhaps Apio is calling for alliances between people like Alika and Mr. Clements, rather than the division of them into two camps.

sms

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home